Friday, August 05, 2005

A Brief Conversation

"So I was talking to someone at work about an interview they went to," I said.

Wait ten minutes as my wife and I look at eachother.

"So anyway, what did they say?" my wife replied.

Wait ten minutes as we look around, patiently.

"Well, she said what a lot of people are saying, that the technical interviews are pretty tough. I'd better brush up a bit," I said.

Ten minutes more. We look at eachother, out the window, at our shoes.

"So do you think you need to read a book, or take some classes or anything?" my wife asked.

A few minutes more, staring at nothing, nodding, smiling, zombie-like.

"Yes I might read up a bit, but don't need to retake any classes. I'm fairly fresh on most of it," I said.

This two-way conversation went on this way for quite some time, only it wasn't just two-way, there was actually a third person involved. To a fly on the wall it would have sounded more like this.

"So I was talking to someone at work about an interview they went to," I said.

"I remember once in college I had an interview that I had to study for I stayed up all night with a guy who had the same major and blah blah blah blah blah and my friend Kim that I used to date once worked for a company that blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..." my sister-in-law interjected.

"So anyway, what did they say?" she replied.

"That reminds me of a show I was watching um last week or was it last month, anyway it was about finding a job and how to interview and the guy was not prepared and it showed him trying to answer questions and yammer yammer yammer and so on and so on and listen to me everyone..." my sister-in-law again interjected.

"Well, she said what a lot of people are saying, that the technical interviews are pretty tough. I'd better brush up a bit," I said.

"blah blah blah listen to me everyone yammer yammer cluck cluck..." my sister-in-law again interjected with a story of her own that revolved around her or something of interest to her.

"So do you feel you need to read a book, or take some classes or anything?" my wife asked.

"yammer yammer yack yack..."

You get the idea. And you can probably deduce that, once again, I have a sister-in-law visiting. How wonderful, I'm really looking forward to hearing more of her interesting life.

No comments: