Sunday, February 20, 2005

Blue Monday

It was a good day for chili today, all full of drizzle and gray skies. I hauled out my burnt orange 1972 croc pot and filled it with cans of diced tomatoes, kidney beans, jalapeƱos and browned ground beef with onions. I don’t really have an official chili recipe; I just add things into the pot until it tastes like what I know to be chili. It may not win any prizes at the county fair, but it helped to ease me into another Sunday night. Sundays suck, they are too close to Monday to be enjoyed. Don’t get me wrong, I am not willing to give Sunday back to the man, but the promise of the upcoming workday adds sadness to an otherwise perfectly good day.
Sunday is good until about 3:00 in the afternoon, and then the countdown till Monday throws a shadow on the rest of the day. I have tried to stop Sunday from rolling over into the next week. I have tried to have so much fun that Sunday did not dare turn into Monday. I have put off all of my chores and homework until my last waking glance is closed like a shutter. Monday does not dare to come with so much work to do. Yet it dances into the room anyway. “Excuse me, step aside, I am Monday, you were expecting me?”

No comments: